5 Players Spurs Could Get Through the Door Before The Summer Window Closes

With under two weeks remaining of the summer transfer window remaining for Premier League clubs, I think it’s fair to say Tottenham’s business is far from complete yet.
Roberto De Zerbi insisted toward the back end of last month that Spurs were not done yet after blockbuster moves for Sandro Tonali and Matheus Fernandes.
The Lilywhites manager said, "The transfer market is not finished for sure, but we have completed 60% of our project.”
De Zerbi went on to suggest another ‘bomba’ signing was on its way - something that three weeks later has yet to materialise.
Spurs have, however, been active since in completing departures for players. Cristian Romero, Djed Spence, Guglielmo Vicario, Manor Solomon and Ashley Phillips have all been moved on this month.
So, with Spurs still active in the transfer market, here are 5 players Tottenham could bring to Hotspur Way before the deadline.
Savinho
Spurs fans have probably become sick of hearing the name Savinho over the past year, in truth.
The Brazilian’s name has been among Tottenham speculation for the past three transfer windows, with nothing concrete emerging to date.
The Lilywhites are still pushing to bring the winger in before the deadline, with De Zerbi allegedly desperate to reinforce his attack, having got his defence and midfield in order.
But Manchester City have continued to hold up a deal for the winger.
Savinho was, again, a priority target for the window, with Spurs beginning negotiations for the player back in June.
It is rumoured that City have moved the goalposts regarding their conditions to sanction a sale. At first, they wanted £55 million, which Spurs were happy to pay, then £60 million, then £70 million, and now some outlets are reporting the figure to be as high as £85 million.
Savinho was absent for training last week, something Enzo Maresca put down to illness, and also missed his side’s Community Shield defeat on Saturday.
The Brazilian has, however, made his stance clear to City - he wants to join Tottenham.
A deal still seems more likely than not to be struck, but I’m sure De Zerbi and Spurs fans will not appreciate it dragging out as it has done.
Cody Gakpo
It was widely reported that Roberto De Zerbi had set his sights on Cody Gakpo as a priority target alongside Savinho a few weeks ago.
Since then, reports out of the Netherlands have suggested Gakpo has a broad agreement on personal terms with Spurs and would be very interested in the move.
Club-to-club talks have begun but are said to be only at a preliminary stage.
The issue Tottenham have is that they are at the very end of a chain of dominoes here that have not shown much promise of falling.
Liverpool would need to replace Gakpo before sanctioning, with some reports out of Northern England suggesting the Reds actually want two wingers before letting the Dutchman go.
Their pursuit of Bradley Barcola has further held up a deal. PSG first had to secure a replacement, which they now have, but work is still to be done regarding a fee between the two clubs.
Like Savinho, it is another deal that may continue to drag out right until the deadline, but should the chance arise, Spurs will jump at the opportunity.
Neco Williams
Following the departure of Djed Spence, it is unclear whether Spurs will go into the market for a full-back, but they are certainly a little light in the right-back position.
With Pedro Porro the only natural right full-back at the club, an injury to him could spell disaster. It is important to note the Spaniard has only in the last few days returned to Hotspur Way following his World Cup win.
Archie Gray is viewed as someone who can provide cover in that area when necessary, but I think most Spurs fans would agree it would be a shame to throw the talented young Englishman into an unnatural position for a third consecutive season running.
With that in mind, Spurs do really appreciate Nottingham Forest defender Neco Williams.
The 25-year-old Welsh full-back can play on either side in a back four or five, having made 160 appearances for Forest in all competitions following his arrival from Liverpool in 2022.
If De Zerbi does decide he needs an extra full-back, do not be surprised to see Williams’ name top of his wishlist.
Georges Mikautadze
Georges Mikautadze has many admirers within Tottenham.
Mikautadze registered an assist in Villarreal’s La Liga opener against Racing Santander last Sunday, having scored 13 league goals and provided 6 assists in the league the season prior.
The 25-year-old had an impressive goal-scoring record at both FC Metz and Olympique Lyonnais before making the switch across the border and could be seen as an alternative to Cody Gakpo should the Dutchman’s move not materialise.
He has been subject to interest from a host of Premier League clubs and even FC Barcelona.
The Georgian international has been deemed not for sale by Villarreal, yet an offer upwards of €50 million could change their stance.
While he may not fit into Tottenham’s apparent 'Premier League proven’ summer transfer history, he is certainly a player followed and appreciated by the club and could be one Spurs revisit before the deadline.
Nicolas Jackson
Since returning from his loan spell at Bayern Munich, Nicolas Jackson has attracted plenty of interest across Europe, with Tottenham being a club mentioned to hold genuine interest.
The Senegalese international scored 11 goals during his time in Germany, having scored 24 Premier League goals across the two seasons prior.
Chelsea reportedly are seeking £65 million for Jackson’s services.
It is a move that no doubt would completely divide the fanbase’s opinions, yet one I think would genuinely improve.
Jackson may not be the prolific striker fans so desperately desire, but what he does do is improve those around him.
Spurs have such an impressive pool of talent in the number 10 position - James Maddison, Dejan Kulusevski, Mohammed Kudus, Xavi Simons. Much of Cole Palmer’s explosion into one of the Premier League’s was down to Jackson’s link-up play, forward runs and movement to create space for the Englishman.
Perhaps if Jackson were signed, he might be able to unlock the players behind him and still contribute 10-15 Premier League goals - something that would make him an incredible investment.
With Spurs’ interest genuine, it would not surprise me if they dip back in for the 25-year-old in a transfer that would improve Spurs’ frontline.
Will Witts
Contributor to The Lilywhite Ledger
Related Articles

Transfers
Guglielmo Vicario Edges Closer Towards Exit Door After Club to Club Agreement Reached
The Italian's departure has been a matter of when, not if, over the course of the summer and is now closer than ever before after Juventus reaching an agreement with Tottenham.

Spurs
Spurs Hit Hoffenheim For 3 To Round Off An Unbeaten Pre-season
Tottenham Hotspur welcomed German side TSG Hoffenheim to North London for their final game of Pre season at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Transfers
Cody Gakpo's Proposed Move To Tottenham Gains Speed After Formal Approach Made
Liverpool's Cody Gakpo has been subject to Spurs' interest, with Roberto De Zerbi viewing the Dutchman as a priority target alongside Manchester City's Savinho.