The Lilywhite Ledger logo

THE LILYWHITE LEDGER

Tottenham Hotspur News, Analysis & Features

Independent football journalism from Will Witts

Tottenham 'Advancing' on Deals For Manchester City Duo to Reform De Zerbi's Frontline

Will Witts19/08/2026
Tottenham 'Advancing' on Deals For Manchester City Duo to Reform De Zerbi's Frontline

Photo: Nehme1499 / Wikimedia Commons - CC BY 3.0

Spurs are said to be ‘advancing’ on a deal with Manchester City to secure forwards Savinho and Omar Marmoush.

With less than two weeks left before the summer transfer deadline, Tottenham are looking to act fast to bolster their attack, which, up until now, has seen no new additions.

A double deal for the City pair is not thought to be close as of yet but is moving in the right direction, as David Ornstein reports.

It is no secret to Spurs fans that the club have been desperate to bring Savinho to North London for a long while now, with the Brazilian said to have indicated to the Citizens that he wants to make the switch.

The 22- year-old winger was absent from training last week and didn’t make the squad for City’s Community Shield tie last Saturday.

Marmoush, on the other hand, has been subject to interest from Tottenham, yet there has never been a formal approach until now.

The Egyptian has racked up 10 Premier League goals across 2 seasons in the Premier League, contributing 4 assists in that time.

With less than 72 hours until Roberto De Zerbi’s side’s opener away at Brentford, it is unlikely that any forward will be signed and registered in time to feature.

News of Spurs progressing on deals for Savinho and Omar Marmoush comes in the wake of Fabrizio Romano’s revelation that the club are insistent on bringing in three forwards before the deadline - two wingers and a central striker.

Chelsea’s Nicolas Jackson and Pedro Neto are thought to be alternative options, with Cody Gakpo the most likely candidate to potentially follow Savinho and Marmoush through the door.

It remains to be seen whether Tottenham truly will be able to pull off a deal for the Man City pair and an additional attacker, with question marks as to whether Tottenham have left their business for attackers too late.

WW

Will Witts

Contributor to The Lilywhite Ledger

Related Articles